Sunday, August 26, 2012

my pasta recipe


This is one of my 'go to' meals. It's quick and easy, and best of all, it's so good! Now, I love to bake. No doubt about that one. But cooking is a little different. You can just throw something together, with no recipe or precise measurements and it all still comes out perfect. This bowl of awesomeness is something I just whipped up one day. No recipe. Just good food all mixed together. I was able to say 'oh, a little of this and a little of that,' and it worked!

Ingredients:
1 sweet onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 box fettuccine pasta
1 cup matchstick carrots
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup frozen peas

This is the original recipe. Today, I decided to throw in some ham we made earlier in the week, about 2 cups roughly chopped, as well as some whole kernel corn, about 1/2 can. This is what I love about this pasta. You can put whatever you have in your fridge or cabinet in it, and it still works.

Cook pasta according to directions on the box. In a saute pan, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook down over med-high heat, with the lid on. The onion will become translucent and it will get a nice golden brown. Turn heat to low-simmer. Next add matchstick carrots. I tried to give measurements, but it was a good handful. By this time, the pasta should be done. Save about a cup of the pasta water. Add cream cheese to onion and carrots. Pour some pasta water on it. This helps it melt and blend. Now add the frozen peas and let all of this cook for a few minutes. Drain pasta and put it back in the pot. Add cream cheese mixture to pasta. Toss. Add in ham and corn. That's it! And remember you can add whatever veggies and meat you like.

The thing is, it needs a name. Since I made it over a year ago, till today, it's called 'my pasta.' Bradley knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say, 'hey, you want my pasta for dinner?' But, I'm not impressed with that name. So, I need your help. Leave a comment with your winning name! :)

::::::::::::::::::::::::

p.s. I finished the top of the quilt yesterday. I tried to photograph it to show y'all, but it's so big, I don't have a spot to hang it. Still figuring that one out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...