Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the process pledge

I did it.

I, Larkin Summerlin, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear.   I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there. 

This pledge is something that r0ssie started. It's important to show how you came to your final product. Not only does it show you how I got there, but it shows me. And on my next quilt, I can look back and make decisions based on the ones I made before. I think it's a win-win for everyone involved.

I took this pledge a few years ago when my mom and I started gardenseed blessings. Since then, I have ventured off to this blog. I wanted my blog to follow this pledge, as well.  

This is where I left off yesterday, with some triangles left to be sewn into rows. I am so proud to say that today I got them all finished! No more sewing triangles!!! Now, I sew 16 long, long rows together. This part I'm a bit nervous about. There are a lot of triangle points to match up. 576 to be exact. But who's counting?

xo, 
Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...