Sunday, October 7, 2012

lately

So yeah, it's been a while! I have to say this was kind of expected. I have started my senior year at SCAD and it is definitely keeping me busy! Lots of sampling and figuring out exactly what you want to do after you graduate. Scary stuff. I'm not sure if I have talked on here about my future dreams, but I hope, wish and pray to have a retail store where I can sell all sorts of goodies that I make, as well as others. I think a good sized chunk of that will be quilts. I am obsessed and could definitely do that everyday for the rest of my life. Easy. Along with the quilts I want to throw in some other handmade items too. But this quarter so far has been fun. I'm also in a class called Studio Production, where I make things that would sell in a retail store. Uh, hello, perfect class for me! The first project I want to do a whole post on, so I won't go into too much detail, but it's a dog bed that turned out great! I think I might have to make some more for etsy!

In other news, I got a job working as a nanny in the afternoons and the occasional morning. I couldn't be happier. It is the perfect fit with my schedule. I still have time to work on school and then take a few hours out of each weekday and pick her up from school. So far it's working out great! And the little girl is such a sweet one. She loves to draw, so we have lots of fun with chalk. We also play several games of candyland, play dress up and do puzzles. This girl loves to constantly do things, which makes the job that much more fun.

Alright, that's all for now! Hope everyone has a great week!

xo, Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...