Saturday, May 25, 2013

almost home


In just a few days, I will be on a plane heading home. It's been two months and I can't wait for that flight, but still I will miss it here. It's quaint, rustic, quiet and has views to die for. And I've come to know this little village pretty well. Like when you're walking down the cobblestone road, avoid the smooth rocks. You're just asking for it. And don't leave your windows open at night or you will have some animals cuddle with you in your bed. Yes, that happened. I honestly don't know who was more scared, me or the cat.

But, it's been a long journey here. Lots of smiles and laughs with a few screams and tears along the way. It's my last quarter of college, so there has been extra stress, but I made it through. There were people that thought that I couldn't do this. People that thought I couldn't be away from home for 2 months. Including me. I cried every night for a week before I left. I didn't think that I could do it. This was a huge step for me and I'm so proud of myself. Who knows what else I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...