Monday, October 14, 2013

peachy keen


Last week we got about ten peaches from our local food co-op. This was way more than we could eat before they went bad, so what's a girl to do? Um, make peach cobbler! Now I have seen a ton of people make that dump cake with canned peaches, but we had fresh ones, so I needed a different recipe. After a little googling of "the best peach cobbler," I came across this recipe. It claimed it was the "BEST COBBLER YOU'VE EVER HAD." I'm pretty sure this is because it had cream cheese. So I had to give it a try. One thing I wasn't thrilled about was that it uses a cake mix, but it was quick and easy, so I made an exception.

It turned out really, really good. Soft, cakey crust, with tender peaches and a cream cheese filling.  Bradley was obsessed with it, bringing the entire casserole dish and two spoons into bed for breakfast. I tell you, I love this boy. 

::::::::::::peach cobbler::::::::::::

1 box yellow cake mix (powder)
1/3 cup butter, softened
2  eggs
4 fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
 8 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 - 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining dough into greased 9x13 inch glass dish and bake for 10 minutes. 

Cut peaches into 1 inch slices. Combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Layer peaches on top of cooked crust. Pour cream cheese mixture on top. Spread with a spatula. Top with reserved crumbs and bake for 30 minutes. After cooking, remove dish from the oven and allow to sit for 30 minutes.

Then dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...