Friday, June 6, 2014

life lately

Hello weekend!! I'm super excited about this one, because tomorrow's my birthday! I'll be 23, and I think this is the first year where I've thought, "ok, let's not get any older." You know, before this you have all those great birthdays to look forward to, but now it's just eh, another year. So no, I'm not loving the whole getting older thing, but I can't make it stop, so I might as well enjoy it, right?

Not much has been planned because honestly I'd be perfectly happy staying in bed all day and binge watching Orange is the New Black. Such a wonderful early birthday present! I definitely have a love/hate relationship with how netflix releases the entire season at one time. And then they give you those 15 seconds in between each episode to decide if you're going to be productive today: that would be a no.

However, I was productive this week. I finished the wonky log cabin quilt that I started in February (right around when I forgot about blogging!) and I love the way it turned out. It gave me some struggles along the way, but don't they all. I want to do a full post for this sweet quilt, but here's a little sneak peek.


I'm working on getting a website up to sell my quilts. One day, the plan is to have a brick and mortar store, but for now, it's gotta be online. So stay on the lookout for that :)

Also, Bradley just had a birthday! I love how close ours are. Just when we've finished off his birthday cake, it's time for mine!


We stuffed our faces and bellies at our favorite Japanese steakhouse. I accidentally let it slip to the chef that it was his birthday. Luckilly for Bradley, no songs were sung and he wasn't embarrassed. Oh well, maybe I'll get him next year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Larkin! Your log cabin quilt is lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...