Monday, May 27, 2013

prism


Here it is! This is that huge quilt I finished a few months ago, and couldn't find a big enough place to hang it for photographs. Mom helped me out on that one. This is one of the independent pieces in my portfolio and is my favorite piece that I've ever made. I am so in love with the colors in this quilt (thanks Joel Dewberry!) This was the first queen quilt that I have made and I am more than thrilled with how it turned out. 

The front is really print heavy, so on the back I went with a gorgeous solid chartreuse cotton sateen. (My mom was reluctant to give it up) I knew from the beginning that this fabric would be the back. It's beautiful and has more weight than the quilting cotton and a nice sheen. Perfect combo.

This was also the first time that I have done triangles in a quilt. Talk about a lot of piecing! There's something like 640 triangles that I got to match up, but I would do it again, in a heartbeat. 

Cheers to my first queen quilt and on to the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...