Tuesday, May 14, 2013

two weeks


That's how long I have until I leave this sweet village. Two weeks. I will be on a plane home to my family and I will have finished college. It's hard to wrap my head around that last part. Some days, I feel like these 4 years have completely passed me by, and others they couldn't go fast enough. But, I am so excited that they are almost over. 

It's been a stressful four years. Art school may seem like a cake walk, but it's really hard to put your work out there for people to so easily knock down. I put so much of my heart in each piece, and I want everyone to love it and respond to it like I do. When they don't feel the same, it's hard to swallow. Clearly I'm very excited that after these two weeks, I won't be graded anymore. I can make a quilt and not obsess over all the seams lining up. Although, knowing me, I will.

Wish me luck in my final days. We both know I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...