Wednesday, February 5, 2014

little scrappy quilt

Happy Thursday Lovies! First of all, I want to apologize for being so absent lately. If you saw my last post, you already know that my sweet dog, Solomon passed away recently. It has been so incredibly difficult for me. And the only way for me to stay sane is to throw myself into work. So, that makes for a really sweet baby quilt. This is the fastest quilt I've ever made, which is really surprising, because the whole thing is hand quilted. I know. I still can't believe I did it either.

I made this quilt in 18 days. And I think it's safe to say that this is my favorite quilt I've ever made. It has so much personality and I think it really shows a lot of me in it. This quilt began at our Savannah Modern Quilt Guild's "use up your scraps" Retreat. That's the best part- all of these are scraps! And I think in the end it looks like confetti, so that's pretty awesome. 

Alright, get ready for one big scroll party! See the Little Scrappy Quilt from start to finish.


A few days into the hand quilting, my elbow was killing me. I honestly believe I had "quilter's elbow," you know, like tennis elbow! I'm telling you, quilters are hard core. 


It needed a little POP!


All quilted! Each piece is quilted with a white pearl cotton, with about a 1/4 inch border. There are 4 scraps that have a radiant orchid border- gotta love that pantone color of the year!
 


Hand stitched binding, as always!


And it's done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...