Monday, November 3, 2014

house projects

 It seems my life lately is full of little home projects. This piece of furniture is from Bradley's family. It's been our catch all for keys and whatnots when coming home. I've always loved it, but definitely wanted to give it a new paint job. It had some bad areas and I think Solly tried to get some sort of food off of it, because there were a bunch of scratches on the front. Safe to say, it was time for a new coat of paint!
 After a light sanding, I started with 2 coats of primer. And then came the glorious turquoise! It definitely needed 2 coats of paint, and it was still too bright. I'm going to mix up some stain and poly to tone it down a bit. I'll post back when it's all finished.

Up next, was changing this yucky boob light. These are all over the house, and we're Bradley is slowly replacing them. 

I had been eyeing this beauty at pottery barn for a while, but never bit the bullet. Then after months of stalking the website, it went on sale, and there was an additional coupon. So basically I had to get it, right? I figured it was now or never! I was nervous to spend so much on a light, but I am so happy I did. It's so pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...