Friday, August 17, 2012

on the road again


As I type, I'm sitting in the backseat of the car with a lovely stack of quilt books to keep me company. And you'd know it was Paul's car with all the peach pits, nuts, raisins and other dried fruit in the floorboard. We are headed to see Aaren in her first play since graduating in May. And by 'we' I mean my mom, my aunt Becky, my brother Rob, his girlfriend Mafe, Aaren's boyfriend and Rob's roommate Cam, and my cousin Carter. Aaren lives in DC, which will be about a 10 hour drive, and we were originally going to take 1 car. Thank god that plan changed.

So far it's been pretty sleepy, but i did flip through 1 book. And I tried to start Nicholas Sparks' 'The Lucky One' but when my mom and Aunt Becky get together, no one can shut them up. One exciting part of the trip so far is listening to Becky's phone voice. It's ridiculous. And so different from how she normally sounds. As she said, "Well, I don't know this lady. You can't sound like a hick to someone you don't know!" Ok Aunt Becky, if you say so :)

Cheers to 8 more hours!

xo,
Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...