Sunday, October 6, 2013

happy fall


I am thanking my lucky stars that it is fall, and that it is feeling like it! I've been going a little overboard, but I can't help it. It's our first fall in our new house and I am totally taking advantage of all the decorating opportunities! Bradley has cut me off from buying anymore pumpkins. Last christmas it was ornaments, and this fall it's pumpkins. Seriously, if this is the worst problem that we have, I think we'll be just fine.


Bradley works for a local nursery and landscape company, so of course we paid them a visit. They have an awesome selection of pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and sizes. I was very impressed to see so many funky ones with bumpy texture and fun colors! Bradley was going crazy because it took me forever to pick my pumpkins, but you see it's not my fault. The store had two long tables set up with all their goodies, but they were separated by a display of flowers. So I had to constantly move between the two tables creating the group I wanted. I would get to one table and not remember what the other table had! Eventually, we I was able to pick my group and we headed home to set up the porch. I am so in love with the cinderella pumpkins that you can stack! And I think that blueish one on top is a gourd. Either way, it's awesome.


And moving on to the mantle, I love these teeny baby pumpkins. And even better, they were only fifty cents! So of course, I bought like twenty! Putting them everywhere. I am dying to get my hands on these mercury glass candle sticks for the mantle. Maybe one day this week I'll be able to swing by and pick them up. Also, let me just say, now that we have a house, it is so freaking wonderful to have an artist for a mom. I mean it's been wonderful my whole life, but now, I can steal goodies for my house!



This is just the first of my decorations for fall, despite what Bradley thinks! More pumpkins. 
More gourds. And maybe a few garlands! Happy Fall, lovies!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...