Tuesday, July 16, 2013

gf hawaiian chicken + steak kabobs


Happy Tuesday everyone! I mentioned the other day that we were making these kabobs for dinner and if they turned out well, I would share them here! Well, they were amazing (and gluten free), so here I am. I have to give Bradley all the props here, except for the idea. That was all me. But he took that idea and made it happen.

We were pretty excited just to try this recipe. We tend to get stuck eating our favorites and forget to try new recipes. So even if it didn't work out, we weren't worried. Luckily for us, they turned out so well!


It's safe to say I'm obsessed with pineapple. So much so, I get inflamed tastebuds if I eat too much :( those are nottt fun. And I've been known to eat a whole pineapple. So any recipe with pineapple is usually a win in my book. 

skewers (but check marshalls- I found these for $3 on clearance!)
We served our kabobs with brown rice and sauteed veggies, so all GF! I was telling you about these veggies in the last post, too. We love them, but are eating them so much we are about to be burnt out. But they are fresh and so easy to make! Just rough chop into big chunks and drizzle some olive oil, salt and pepper and then put on the grill to cook alongside your meat. And this was the first time I've ever made brown rice. We used Lundberg's short grain brown rice. They said this one was tender and "clingy and tender"- just how I like my rice! It was really easy to make. I honestly don't think anyone could mess it up. And we loved it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...