Saturday, July 13, 2013
what we've been eating
1. Taco Night// This one was pretty easy to make gf! Just swap out a flour tortilla for fritos! I know, it's a genius idea. Of course, you could do corn tortillas, I'm just not a fan :) In a bowl, we lightly crumbled some fritos, and added cheese, meat, zatarin's yellow rice, corn, black beans, diced tomato and more cheese. I then like to stir it all together so you get a little of everything in each bite!
2. Steak// Bradley was at piggly wiggly one day and saw that they were running an amazing deal on rib eyes. $49.20 for 16 steaks! It was one big slab of meat that they didn't mind cutting down for us. That totals to $3.07 a steak! So yeah, steak has been on the menu a lot, but we don't mind it!
3. Cripps Pink Apples// These are from the Savannah Food Co-Op, and boy are they good! I seriously can't get enough. I eat about 2 a day, sometimes by itself and sometimes with a spoonful of good ol' peanut butter!
4. Eat Local// This was our first box from the Co-Op. We loaded up on apples, fresh eggs, squash, zucchini, green beans, grapes, and watermelon. No joke, one of those zucchini was the size of my forearm! Everything has been amazing and we're onto our 2nd box.
5. Greenbeans// One of my favorite foods. Just sauté these babies up and you're good to go!
6. Dark Chocolate Brownies// These were a Bob's Red Mill mix and we are such a fan!!! Oh my goodness, so yummy and not too sweet.
7. Summer squash// These are from this week's box. We have been grilling almost every night and we love to grill these. Just rough chop squash, zucchini and sweet onion, add some olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Put this in a broiler pan and put on the grill. We like to cook it until the onions are somewhat translucent, but everything is still crunchy. Amazing!
8. Watermelon// Another treat from the Co-Op.
9. GF Cinnamon Sugar Waffles// I did a post on these last week, so go check it out if you missed it! I honestly don't know how these are gf. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with a heavenly cinnamon sugar top! So delicious!!
If you're here because you are gf, maybe these can be some fresh ideas in your menu! If you're not gf, maybe you'll consider it. Clearly, we are still eating very well. I mean, come on. Waffles and brownies?! And tonight, we're having Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs over brown rice. If it turns out well, I'll definitely write a post about it.